Friday, July 1, 2011

Pattern Block

The point of this project was to create a composition based on a geometric pattern block in Adobe Photoshop. First I chose to create an analogous color scheme, and I chose a pattern. I then chose six images I felt fit into this color scheme paying attention to color, value, texture, and luminance. I began manipulating the images by adjusting adding filters, effects, and distortions. Once all my images were manipulated, I began placing them onto my pattern. I further manipulated them by stretching, distorting, or scaling the image to fit part of the geometric pattern. I heavily used layers so I could later adjust the size and placement of my images. It’s hard to tell what my original images are. The center diamond is a green parrot distorted with the liquefy tool. The triangles surrounding the corners of the parrot are green orchids distorted to create a triangle and with the spatter filter. The yellow diamonds with the black in the corner are a yellow butterfly distorted with the liquefy tool. The green and yellow triangles between the orchid triangles are a yellow and green parakeet distorted to create a triangle and with the dry brush filter. The four, large, green triangles are a tree frog distorted to create the shape and with the dry brush filter. Finally, the light yellow triangles around the boarder is a yellow tang fish distorted with the liquefy tool and to fit the shape.  

No comments:

Post a Comment