Thursday, July 28, 2011

Reflection on my Final Project Process


This final project has not only challenged my thinking and organization skills, but also expanded my design experience. Now that I look back at the design process for this bench and shelter, it’s amazing to see the transformation from an old water spigot to a model bench and shelter. The most challenging part of the design process was taking my 2D abstract drawings and turning them into 3D models. It was hard to not simply create what I saw. My favorite part of the design process was drawing the 50 abstract designs. It allowed me to be creative and come up with designs from just one line on my spigot. I’m still amazed to see how an abstract design turned into a functional bench. I will definitely be applying some of these steps later in my studies and career.

No comments:

Post a Comment