Monday, November 28, 2011

La Primavera Bathroom

I really enjoyed designing this bathroom. I actually submitted this design to the Daltile student competition. My inspiration piece was the painting "La Primavera" by Sandro Botticelli. This is personally one of my favorite paintings, so I had a lot of fun ideas. I tried to use very earthy or earth inspired colors like green, brown, and yellow to reflect the concept of being in a garden. I enjoyed playing with different tile combinations. This is actually part of a larger project I am working on, so the bathroom needed to be wheelchair accessible. To make it accessible, I added features like a roll-in shower, a separate water closet with grab-bars, and a sink that can be rolled up to. This was definitely a learning experience, but I enjoyed every part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment